Friday 18 October 2013

Meet The Execs: Nora Alturki

Meet Nora Alturki, Project Director of the Foster Care project. Nora always has A LOT to say, but here's a little insight into her life in just 11 questions... (I only asked her 8).



Name and Course? 

 Nora Alturki Level 2 (year 2) Bsc Psychology 

What Project did you work in when you joined ENACTUS? 
I worked in HOPE community as a mentor. It was one of the best experiences having rightly earned the 3rd most emotional time in my life. 

What else are you involved in at university? 
 Thankfully, I am involved in a whole lot: I am currently a Departmental Mentor, and International Office Ambassador, as well as a Media and Publicity rep for the International Students Committee. I have also just recently joined the Singers Society, which has put my incredibly loud voice to good use. 

Comfiest shoes you own? 
I have flat feet (it’s a thing, I promise. Google will tell you) so none of my shoes are that comfortable to begin with. I am most comfortable without shoes. However, given that the weather as well as the general public would not be happy with me walking around barefoot I’d have to say my pair of Doc Martens, which I’ve just recently broken into. They were not comfortable at first but now, now they fit me like a glove that’s half a size too big. Jo. 

What did you have for breakfast today? 
Well, I woke up at an ungodly hour to make myself an onion and baby spinach frittata with a side bowl of vanilla yogurt and a banana. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day - don’t judge me. 
 
Tell us about your current role at Enactus?
 I am currently project director of one of our local projects, working with Foster Care Leavers. Most foster care leavers are not given enough support and/or guidance once they leave care; and we are looking to change that. 

What would your ideal day be? 
At this moment right now, my ideal day would consist of sleep. But on any other day, it would be sleep. All the sleep. 

What website do you refresh the most often? 
Reddit. If you’ve never heard of it, which I doubt, but if you haven’t don’t google it, don’t go on it. That website is a gateway to the deepest corners and GIFs of the interwebs. 

What was your last Google search? 
“Redamancy in a sentence”. Redamancy is a beautiful word that’s no longer in use. It specifies reciprocity in love, or in other words it means : to love in return. The word is now obsolete but majestic nonetheless. 

What’s your favorite thing about being in Enactus? 
The redamancy. (see what I did there?) The people in Enactus are wonders. They are motivated, passionate beings and its comforting and warm and hopeful. Just seeing all these students get together and actually make a difference in other peoples lives restores my faith in humanity and belief in change. 

Do you have any hidden talents? 
I make an excellent Hamster face. That’s a talent, right?

1 comment:

  1. Major for Nora! By far the funnest member on exec team!

    ReplyDelete