Thursday 20 February 2014

Meet The Execs: Mat Davies

Mat is project director of the intern project, which is launching this week. 
To win a paid internship with a company, including Centrica and Enterprise Rent-A-Car, sign up at http://theinternsheffield.wordpress.com/ 
Meanwhile, Mat allows us into his mind...






















Name and course?
My name’s Matt Davies and I’m a second year Accounting & Finance student.

What was it been like coming into an established exec team without knowing anyone?
Weird! Really weird! At first I was quite like not involved and quiet. But Grantham and all that made me get really close to everyone and now I love everyone and have some really great friends on the team.

Describe your fashion style.
Are you trying to get me to say weird again? I enjoy it! Say what you will.

Eng Intern, Psych intern, Geog intern, Intern. DISCUSS.
Yeah Interns. Theres loads. Is bigger better than ever, it actually is. But my teams are amazing! If you’re reading this and haven’t got anything sorted for summer sign up and you could win an Internship with some amazing companies and raise lots of money for the projects so do it! We’ve been planning some really interesting tasks and the company internships up for grabs are incredible this year.

Have you got the funk?
I have A funk. Whether its THE funk, I’m don’t know. I’ll get back to you.

What was the last thing you ate?
I have tonsillitis and I cant swallow so it was this “mean green” juice drink my mum sent up for me. It sounds gross but its not as gruesome as you might think.

Describe the perfect intern.
Someone with whose driven and has a great work ethic but also has a decent personality and isn’t afraid to have fun because if you can’t enjoy yourself when you’re doing it then you wont perform as well. I’m waiting to meet dream intern. I’m holding out for someone special. Ghandi?

Outside of Enactus Sheffield, what is your favourite Enactus project world-wide?
I think its called B-Seminars, by a Team in Puerto Rico its similar to the intern in that it works with students to develop entrepreneurial skills.

Do you have a secret skill?
If I told you I’d have to kill you.

No comments:

Post a Comment